[wr_row][wr_column][wr_tab el_title=”Dragon Sitter Disaster 1st Chapter ” div_margin_top=”0″ div_margin_left=”0″ div_margin_bottom=”25″ div_margin_right=”0″ initial_open=”1″ fade_effect=”no” tab_position=”top” appearing_animation=”0″ ][wr_item_tab heading=”Comprehension Check 1″ disabled_el=”no” ]Comprehension Check
1. Who is Jemima and what happened to her?
Jemima is the rabbit that the dragon had swallowed.
2. Choose three and tell me what they mean in your own words: (3) looking very pleased
(5) fetch him: come and collect the dragon (8) the loo: the bathroom (9) being at the end of your tether
(18) kidnapped: the bad people/person that capture the gentle people/person
3. Summarize what Eddie learned on the internet about what dragons eat (in your own words).
What Eddie learned on the internet is: the dragon devours the coal and it likes to eat the women that are young and unmarried (damsel).
4. What happened to the fridge? What happened to the carpet? What happened to the curtains?
The dragon had made a lot of problems in Eddie’s house like, the fridge door had a hole, the carpet was stained with the dragon poo, and the curtains had blazed.
5. Where do you think Uncle Morton is?
I think Uncle Morton went to the beach.[/wr_item_tab][wr_item_tab heading=”Comprehension Check 2″ disabled_el=”no” ]Comprehension Check
1. When Eddie calls the dragon “poor” and “defenceless,” what does that mean? Do you think it’s true?
When Eddie calls the dragon “poor” and ”defenceless,” his objective is to show that the dragon is weak. I don’t think the dragon is defenceless.
2. Choose three and tell me what they mean in your own words: (23) pram
(23) gobble up
(28) alight: means on fire
(30) smoke alarms: the object that tells you there is a fire happening; it sounds like TRUG TRUG
(32) ashamed: when you did something to irritate or make someone painful you should feel bad about yourself.
3. What happened with Tigger and Maud?
When the dragon was snoozing Tigger and Maud came into Eddie’s region and then unluckily the dragon woke up and saw them walking around in front of their yard. So the dragon came and attacked Tigger, and Maud got caught by the dragon’s jaws, but Maud is really intelligent so he turned around and scratched the dragon’s face. So the dragon was hurting, and so it was the enormous opportunity for Maud to get out of the dragon’s jaws.
4. What does Eddie think made the dragon breathe fire on the postman?
Eddie thinks the dragon did not mean that. The dragon put the flames because the letter frightened him through the letterbox.
5. Do the firemen come and see the dragon when Mom invites them in? Why or why not?
First all the firemen wanted to go and see, but they alternated between going to see and not going to see when Eddie’s mom invites them to see the dragon because they realize that the dragon was extinct many years ago.
6. Who do you think the postcard is from? Why?
For my idea I think the postcard is from Uncle Morton because Eddie saw it and he knows it is from his Uncle Morton.[/wr_item_tab][wr_item_tab heading=”Comprehension Check 3″ disabled_el=”no” ]Comprehension Check
1. Why does it look like the kids won’t be getting any lunch?
It looks like the kids won’t be getting any lunch for a temporary time because the dragon was in the kitchen. Even Eddie says some bad words to the dragon, and the dragon still stays as cool as a cucumber.
2. Tell me what the dragon does in the kitchen in your own words.
When the dragon was in the kitchen, he got his ball rolling by doing plenty of unnecessary things like damaging all of the food in the kitchen.
3. What are some of the benefits to giving the dragon chocolate? What are some disadvantages?
The benefits of giving the chocolate to the dragon is making him behave better. The disadvantage is, the dragon becomes a fat dragon.
4. Why isn’t Cupcake a suitable name for a dragon? What would you name a pet dragon? Why?
Cupcake isn’t a suitable name for a dragon because the dragon is not a snack. You know, over the past two years I ruined my brother’s dragon toy and that toy was named NaNek. So he always cried over the spilled milk to me to buy the new dragon toy for him. So if I had a dragon I would name it NaNek.[/wr_item_tab][/wr_tab][/wr_column][/wr_row]